Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spectral voices trying to be heard? Or was it just too much coffee?

People who have survived a near death experience say they saw a glowing light at the end of a dark tunnel.  After their recovery, some say that they sometimes see elements of this light, i.e. as light sparkles in the dark.  I know what they mean.  I have never had a near death experience, but I often see the light sparkles.

For me, the sparkles begin when I am laying in bed at night, thinking of paranormal questions, of loved ones who  have died.  When I do this the sparkles begin, existing only in my mind and not in outer reality, but I see them nevertheless.  When the sparkles begin I always know that I am entering some meditative state where I feel more attuned to souls that have departed this life.  I've never told anyone about this.  It's just something I keep to myself, for obvious reasons.  They already think I'm nuts, why confirm it and remove all doubt?

Sometimes when this happens I close my eyes and can see a panorama of different but very detailed and realistic scenes:  forests of trees, faces, rooms of furniture, buildings, various objects and places.  It doesn't scare me because it just feels like something natural.  Perhaps it's not scary because there's no proof that it originates with another world or spectral beings.  Maybe it's just my nervous little mind purging its data base of old information.  Of course, I like to think it's the former but who knows?

Last night, after I wrote my long post on Bro and his encounter with spirits via EVP, I went to bed and turned off the light.  Immediately the sparkles began, this time with many vivid colors and an increased variety of faces and scenes flowing past my mind's eye.  The intensity of this experience had been raised a few notches over what it normally is.  I felt, wrongly or rightly, that there were many entities on the other side vying for my attention and wanting to be heard.  I thought "Leave me alone, you guys, I want to go to sleep!"  However, I connected the increase in this mental activity with writing my post on Bro.

This morning I was exploring some links to paranormal websites and came across an interview of psychic Sylvia Browne on the Montell Williams Show.  They were discussing communication with the dead.  Browne said (I'm paraphrasing her) that disincarnates try to get through, to be heard, and every time we talk about them or think about them we increase their ability or chances to get through.  That really clicked with me and seemed to explain my greater sensitivity following the post on Bro.

On the other hand, maybe I just had too much coffee to close to bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment