Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Not a Matter of Life and Death -- Or Maybe It Is

I started this blog to explore possible alternate realities -- not crazy moonbat stuff, like whether Bigfoot and Elvis got married and are now living in Boulder. No, not like that. However, dry skeptics bug me, the ones who deny that anything at all exists beyond the limits of their five senses. They are...BORING.

Although many of the themes I want to pursue here are often derived from eastern mysticism and philosophy, I am just a normal (sort of) American guy; I don't shave my head, burn incense, or wear saffron robes while chanting in the full lotus position. All that too is ritual and dogma, and I hate religious ritual and dogma because they are substitutes for thinking and the use of one's own intuition.

So don't be put off by the eastern symbols in my banner. I'll probably change that soon to something that more closely reflects who I am: someone who is intrigued with life and death and the barrier between, and what happens to those who cross over from the former to the latter.

Update:  I removed the eastern symbols for now.  I have also renamed the working blog name as "The Candle" as many will find "The Third Eye" a bit too hippy acid-rock 1969.


No comments:

Post a Comment